In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Tatiana Gana of Gastro Tours tells us how to take a culinary vacation in Spain. We discuss Spain's virgin food tourism scene, extended lunches, and how Italy is taking credit for all of the country's olive oil.
- Check out Tatiana's tours on the Gastro Tours website
- Try the specialty foods of Spain, like Iberica ham
- Newport Storm is a beer from Newport, Rhode Island
- Ribera del Duero is a large wine region in the middle of Spain
- When in Spain, eat the suckling lamb
- Traveling within Spain using public transit in the bigger cities and rental cars within more rural areas
- Lunch is the primary meal of the day
Food for Thought:
- Q: What two food products is Spain the biggest producer of in the world?
- A: Olive oil and air-dried cured ham.
Out of the Frying Pan:
- Best Way to Find Great Restaurants: About.com or ask a taxi driver
- Remember to Pack: An extra t-shirt or two for layers.
- Favorite Hotel: The Urban Hotel in Madrid
- Favorite Spanish Wine: Cune, a tempranillo from the Rioja region
- Restaurant with the Best View: Parador in Toledo
- Favorite Spanish Restaurant in New York City: Still looking...