In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Chef Andy Ricker of Pok Pokin Portland, Oregon, shows us how to take a culinary adventure in Thailand. We discuss mortars and pestles, boiled buffalo fetus and Ike's Vietnamese fish sauce wings.
Regions of Thailand to Explore:
- The South / Peninsula
- Central Thailand
- Isan / Northeastern Thailand
- Chiang Mai / Northend Thailand
Food for Thought:
- Q: What is a seasoning that Thai food and Italian food share?
- A: Fish sauce.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Must-Visit Places in Thailand: Chiang Mai and Bangkok
- Thai Dish for Comparison: Pad Thai
- Favorite Chef: David Thompson
- Thai Drinks to Try: Sugarcane Juice, Hibiscus Juice, Chrysanthemum Tea, White Lightning
- Best Place in the U.S. to Buy Thai Ingredients: Thai farmers in Florida
- Where to Buy Mortars and Pestles: Temple of Thai
See a map of more podcasts.
Direct download: Andy_Ricker_-_Thailand.mp3
-- posted at: 12:58am EDT